Monday 14 May 2012

Assignment One Analysis

Assignment One, Mood/Concept Board:

Assignment One, Final Line Up:
For assignment one I visited the Wellington Botanical Gardens and decided to base my collection on the leaves, roots and trees rather than just the flowers. My designs incorporate both the structure and texture from the leaves, roots and trees, as well as the texture and softness of the flowers and petals. They are both fitting and exaggerating the body's proportions at the same time.

Evaluation:
On reflection I found that the concept that i was going for was very clear in my mood board but when it came to my final collection I definitely don't see my concept in my designs. On my mood board I have quite soft, feathery inspiration images with lots of texture but my final designs are not that. They a quite bulky and although, if I was to actually make one of the garments, the fabrics I would use e.g. velveteen, linen and chiffon, would give the garments texture, I look at my designs and don't see that texture in there at all.

From this collection i really like the pleating/structure of the tops, especially in the first two designs, this matched with softer garments could be really effective. I would edit out the bulky petal shapes and make them softer throughout my next designs. For this next assignment i want to focus on more structure through tailoring and texture through knits with soft floaty pieces in there as well. As this assignment has to be for autumn/winter I will also like to tone the colours down a bit and maybe not use all of them this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment